Media Partners support the Relay For Life of Second Life by promoting the event, by telling volunteers’ stories, playing Radio PSA’s, printing our official notices and by sharing news throughout the Relay season and on Relay weekend…and by raising money for the American Cancer Society!To become an 2017 Official Media Partner, either Radio, Magazine, Newspaper, Blog or Television, please complete the form.
T1Radio – The Official Broadcaster for Relay For Life & American Cancer Society in Second Life
T1Radio is one of the oldest radio broadcasters in Second Life. Established by Trader Whiplash and Nuala Maracas in June, 2005 and modelled after New York City’s landmark WNEW-FM, T1 streams classic rock with a mix of rockin’ country and blues 24/7. Listeners can tune us in at
T1Radio is synonymous with Relay For Life. Since 2006 T1Radio has streamed Relay and is the official broadcaster for the American Cancer Society in Second Life.
Some T1Radio/RFL of SL Highlights:
• 2006 – 1st Relay For Life weekend broadcast
• 2007 – Provides voice to Opening, Closing and Luminaria Ceremonies
• 2008 – 1st Broadcast of Kick Off, Halfway There and Wrap Up
• 2010 – Sponsors 1st Holiday of Hope Ball
• 2012 – Introduces Relay Rap – the Talk Show For and About the Relay For Life of Second Life
• 2012 – Becomes AviChoice audio producer
• 2014 – Nuala, Trader and T1Radio Inducted into Relay For Life Hall of Honor
• 2015 – Trader and T1Radio are AviChoice finalists and T1Radio and staff garner 5 nominations over all
T1Radio is headquartered in Arinultra Cay where it hosts events every evening at LEGENDS Classic Rock.